Trade is changing – our customers are under pressure, especially with regard to the growing online business. This also has an immense impact on logistics.
Trade customers are often faced with special challenges, which are taken into account by our experts in all project phases:
- Complex omnichannel structures
- Growing global competition
- Rapid introduction of new products
- Decline in stationary trade
- Strong seasonalities and performance variations
AIC Jürgen Liebisch | Alliance Automotive Germany | ALSO Deutschland | Benteler Distribution / Van Leeuwen | Bohnenkamp | Briloner Leuchten | cosnova / CNL | DURABLE | E/D/E | Förch | Hardeck Möbel | HARDY SCHMITZ | Heizungsdiscount 24 | Hoberg & Driesch | IKEA | Klöpferholz | KOMSA | Lederer | Media-Saturn | RS Components | suki.international | Trotec | Wagner eCommerce Group
The success of industrial companies increasingly depends on logistics, which must be characterised by flexibility and efficiency.
Industrial projects have demanding sector requirements:
- Diverse delivery targets (wholesale, retail, end customers)
- Growing product and variant diversity with increasing customer individualisation
- Increasing handling of warehousing for the customer
- Interplay of industry and logistics 4.0
- Tension between batch sizes and stock levels
A.u.E. Lindenberg | A. + E. Keller | Baumer hhs | Beck u. Kaltheuner | Fahrzeugwerk Bernard KRONE | FÜRST | Gebhardt-Stahl | Kienle + Spiess | Märklin | nobilia | PTR HARTMANN | Putzmeister | SEVERIN Elektrogeräte | Stäubli Electrical Connectors | TRILUX | WESCO | Wera Werkzeuge
As an industry with limited margins, the paper industry is under extreme competitive pressure. In addition to the manufacturing process, logistical handling is increasingly gaining in importance.
Specific challenges that our customers are facing are:
- Increasing cost pressure with low value of goods
- High demands on logistics performance
- Close links between logistics and production
- Handling of finished goods pallets as well as paper rolls
- Reduction of throughput times through the use of automation
Brohl Wellpappe | ERFURT & SOHN | Essity / SCA | Faller Packaging | ICT | Metsä Tissue | WEPA
The goals for e-commerce are ambitious: speed, quality and scalability in processing on the one hand, growth, flexibility and decreasing costs on the other.
We support our globally active customers in the areas of warehouse technology, robotics, processes and IT systems. We focus on the special challenges of e-commerce:
- Short delivery times up to same day delivery
- Rapidly changing assortments and a large variety of articles
- Increasing demands on flexibility and reaction speed
- Returns handling and reintegration into the goods cycle
- Extreme seasonalities and strong performance variations
AIC Jürgen Liebisch | Alliance Automotive Germany | ALSO Deutschland | Briloner Leuchten | DURABLE | E/D/E | Förch | Hardeck Möbel | HARDY SCHMITZ | Heizungsdiscount 24 | IKEA | Klöpferholz | KOMSA | Lederer | Lidl E-Commerce | Media-Saturn | RS Components | Trotec | Wagner eCommerce | WESCO M. Westermann | Wera Werkzeuge | w-support.com
The food industry is confronted with increasing health and quality requirements, which in turn have immense consequences on packaging and logistics.
In the food sector, our customers often face special challenges that are taken into account by our experts in all project phases:
- Deliveries to wholesalers, shops and end customers from the same logistics location
- MHD requirements and traceability of batches
- Temperature and hygiene requirements
- Relevance of packaging patterns and special packaging forms for store supply
- Increase in the range of products and high frequency of promotions
Rabenhorst | Lidl | REWE
In the very dynamic pharmaceutical industry, the focus is on service and quality – also in the entire supply chain from production to distribution.
Specific conditions that are characteristic of the industry:
- Strict regulatory specifications and hygiene requirements
- Complete traceability of products
- Lean management to increase efficiency and flexibility
- Increasing globalisation of value chains
- Increasing demands on delivery service and lead times
Faller Packaging | Siegfried | STADA
For the heterogeneous chemical industry, individual logistics concepts are essential and ensure competitiveness in the long term.
Special requirements must be taken into account in the project work:
- Heterogeneous products such as liquids, granulates or solids
- Close integration between production and logistics with round-the-clock operation
- High temperature and hygiene requirements
- Handling of a wide variety of hazard classes
- Increasing automation of production, packaging and storage
Dörken | Evonik | Obermeier | Martinswerk | Münzing
The core of the complex range of services offered by logistics service providers / 3PL is the continuous optimisation of processes and logistics systems.
Depending on the customer, logistics service providers face industry-specific challenges in operating logistics efficiently:
- High demands on performance, quality and process efficiency
- Compensation of increasing personnel and transport costs through constant optimisation
- Regional bottlenecks in staff availability
- A wide variety of value-added services
- Green Logistics and new delivery concepts to reduce environmental impact
DHL | F.W. Neukirch | STUTE Logistics